Part-Time Funeral Operative / Mortuary Assistant
Contract: Part Time Permanent
Pay Range: £8.23 +
We are a privately owned, family run Funeral Directors established in 2016.
We currently operate from two branches supporting families across the West Midlands and are well established within our local communities with a reputation for quality and excellent service.
Due to our growth plans we have a vacancy for a FUNERAL SERVICE OPERATIVE / DRIVER BEARER to join our team based in Brownhills.
The standard hours of work will vary depending on the needs of the business from week to week. Applicants should be flexible and able to work various days between Monday – Friday, during busy periods there may be an opportunity for additional hours.
- Presentation of the Deceased
- Removal of the Deceased from their place of death
- Attending funerals
- Driving funeral vehicles
- Being a member of a team who carry coffins at funerals
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the funeral vehicles
This role will suit applicants who are well presented, highly motivated and willing to work within a close knit team.
- Be educated to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in both Maths and English
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and communication skills
- An ability to respond in a compassionate manner with bereaved families
- Comfortable in the presence of deceased persons
- A clean driving licence and an ability to drive a manual vehicle
- An ability to work as part of a team and also at times alone
- Flexibility to work outside of office hours when required
- Smart Appearance
- Previous Experience in the funeral profession
- Live within a ten mile radius of the funeral home