Experienced Funeral Administrator
Hours Per Week : 16
Pay Band: £8.21 – £10.00
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced administrator to join our team working an average of 16 hours per week (plus additional hours where necessary to cover weekends/holidays/sickness) at our busy funeral home based in Brownhills and Willenhall. Duties will involve handling the day-to-day activities of a busy funeral home, such as handling calls from bereaved relatives, completing legal paperwork to enable burial or cremation to take place and supporting families when visiting our funeral home for chapel of rest visits or to make funeral arrangements. Duties will involve working within the mortuary and office areas.
- Be educated to GCSE Grade C or equivalent in both Maths and English
- High attention to detail
- Be familiar with using a PC, email and Google Drive
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and communication skills
- An ability to respond in a compassionate manner with bereaved families
- Comfortable in the presence of deceased persons
- A clean driving licence
- An ability to work as part of a team and also at times alone
- Previous Experience within the Funeral Profession
- Experience in using Word, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft Excel
Working for us
Jennifer Ashe & Son are now entering our fourth year of operating.
We are a modern forward thinking funeral directors looking for dynamic individuals to join our ever growing team. With a funeral home in Brownhills, Walsall and one in Willenhall we support families from all areas and conduct funerals across the West Midlands and Staffordshire.
As we progress with our expansion plan there will be opportunities for career development for those looking for progression.